Since this is a forum focused on "Beyond Human" ideas - I was wondering what this means to the other members of this forum?

Many of the threads here focus on various development techniques - Holosync being one of the hot ones lately, but one of the questions that all of the discussions has raised for me is "What are the goals / intentions that are behind your use of these various systems?" This could range for instance from wanting to sleep better to releif from phobias to the development of paranormal senses and abilities that "beyond human" might imply. I am curious to have a discussion about why people are here seeking out these sorts of products / systems.

Since I have asked, I will start things off with my own answer - I am seeking to train myself so that I might be more effective in interpersonal relationships, more focused and effective in my work. I am seeking to expand my mind, both in terms of material knowledge as well as in abstract wisdom. To this end I would like to read and comprehend more books with greater speed. I would like to free myself from behaviors that hinder these goals. I am seeking enlightenment for myself so that I may be more effective in helping others towards freedom and greater service.

This question of what our intention is in our experimentations with these products and systems is key to our having a perspective on such discussions as "Does such-and-such system work?" We would have to have some idea of what it would mean for the system to work. Do we have a level-field in terms of why people are using the system and what they want / expect from it?