I have been reading the Personal Power book some, and during my reading I have been giving thought to the notion of hypnotic control by others.

I think that when a person is given a suggestion it is not as if someone is being controlled by someone else. Rather, a person is going into a state in which mental images and thoughts have a great impact. Because a person is not used to being in this state and directing one's awareness or thinking on this level, one may allow oneself to be "controlled." That is, directed by another, having certain thoughts and ideas stimulated while in a state where bodily experiential response is activated and heightened. Does that make any sense?

I believe that, perhaps, the more time one spends in hypnosis, if one spends his or her time properly, the more self-control one obtains and the deeper and more penetrating and more effective one's thinking becomes.

Just a thought.

It could be that people are turned into mindless zombies while somnambulistic, but I don't that that is the fact of the matter.

Any have any opinions about this or experiences relating to it they'd like to share?