I've done a little reading about hypnosis. In particular self-hypnosis. I think you've got some of it correct.

Here is some of the information I've gleened, interpreted and inferred.

Yes, you do go into a more receptive state. It may be because you are in a state where you more strongly and fully experience mentally setup experiences. It may be because you've quieted the conscious filter. This may be one and the same.

You are never hypnosised or control. It is always something you choose to do. You are doing it all. I'm not sure why you would choose to act like a chicken though.

I think of hypnosis on the same par a meditation. However, once you get into state you (or someone else) directs your experience with a purpose.

Some of what I've read is about using self-hypnosis for personal health. Sort of like the "me" side of Qigong. I've seen almost all of the same personal benefits being espoused by some hypnosis as Qigong. So maybe you hypnosis accesses the Qi when you are in the right state. I've not seen anything about hypnosis enabling you to help others..... unless following the teaching of another is a form of hypnosis. Maybe hypnosis is a scary word for rapid learning. Leaves one wondering about the accelerated learning state.

I'd be very curious to hear Paul's thoughts on this question. Of course that might be another course.

You are perfection.
Iam2