Reread the post.

I did not say that the holosync method puts you into a theta brainwave. I said, later in the post, that the delta brainwave may not be so beneficial either, and it was there I was referring to holosync.

Theta waves are associated with a lot of things, yes. It is a wild and wooly sort of thing as I see it. I do not think we know enough about the brain and how these brainwaves work and how to entrain what parts of the brain in order to make a truly useful technology. The activity in the brain is very dynamic.

I was not saying that the brain was going to be stuck in theta. Prolonged entrainment in the theta state MAY, I think, not be beneficial for concentration throughout the day. It may make it easier for people to go into hairbrained states, let's say. I don't know of any studies, but in retrospect, I do notice that the more foggy periods of my life were those in which I was using entrainment technology (for theta) quite a bit. So there may be something to it.

Also, what's all this garbage about traditional meditation being so hard? What? You need a PhD. in meditation science in order to do it "right"?

I don't know what kind of meditation you've been trying to do.

Being mindful is a simple practice. I am not saying it's easy, but it is incredibly simple.

Now, if we're talking about advanced spiritual progress such as the kind Frantzis talks about in discussing the water method, ok, here were getting into different territory.

I sincerely doubt that holosync brings you to the same places that tutelage under taoist master will bring you, sorry. That process is advanced and subtle and obviously takes a lifetime of dedication.

I strongly believe that any benefits holosync gives you can be achieved in a better and more balanced way through a half hour or so of mindfulness everyday. And that really isn't that hard at all, really. It also teaches lessons that the purely passive method of holosync probably won't. And it's free in terms of money if not in dedication and effort.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited January 20, 2005).]