Babayada,

Thanks for correcting me on some points, I did oversee a few points in the posts I mentionned.

You appear to have read BK Frantzis. He's one of my favorite authors and a person I respect very much. I have personally trained with two of his direct students in Chi Gung and basic taoist meditation, and What they teach is very powerfull.
Yet there is a need for a strong dedication to keep practicing Frantzis' material, and not everyone has it.
Using Holosync makes meditation both much easier and more powerfull. For people who like me began with issues of low self-confidence and very dysfunctionnal mental strategies in the eveluation of one's practice, Holosync is absolutely invaluable in that it gives one confidence that the meditation WILL be done right, whatever one does.
I do think that in order to get the most of Holosync, it is better to have some background in traditional meditation, and/or NLP or Self-Hypnosis.
The Holosync technology is a very powerfull meditation tool, it's safe (no-one has gone crazy using it to date, or died out of using it, or suffered any brain damage...) and the support Centerpointe gives is very good.
Also note what I said on another forum : for me the high price is not heresy, from a marketing standpoint it's really rational, and it helps selling more and getting the participants to be more dedicated.

Finally, let me tell you that before going into the program, I read almost every existing bit of information regarding Binaureal beats that could be found (at least on the internet, and that's already a lot). I made my own custom BB CDs and played a lot with them. (By the way, I got some pretty interesting results by checking my aura on a machine that reads Kirlian signatures. Remind me to write about that in another post !). Finally, although I was using some professional level software, I wasn't really satisfied with the CDs I made, and always found the Meditation experience to be very deep (deeper ever than what I'd get from Taoist practices learnt from lineage trainers) the sound itself was very irritating to my ears, and that made the experience sub-optimal for me.
I decided to purchase Awakening Prologue, and was amazed at the quality of both the soundtrack themselves, and of the support material. Centerpointe CDs sounded SOO much better than what I could create myself, and they gave really usefull advice on how to make the best of it, things I never would have figured out by myself, or at least not before getting years of experience. ANd their support helps one not to get discouraged, which can happen allong any path.
So for me it was all well worth the price.

Now I made the decision to purchase the whole program. All in all it cost me 1900 Euro. I got 10 years (or more) of steady growth, for the price of 25 sessions with a therapist, which is roughly 2 years of therapy.
Well I was in therapy for some time in the past, and it got me nowhere close to where I'm now, so I think that for me, the 1900 Euro are allready amortized. Now all the rest of what I'm getting is free bonus !

Anyway, the crux of the matter is that I choose to view this subject in a positive way that reinforces my well-being and empowers me for the future.
You're free to do it the other way around if you choose to, but by focusing on what you don't like in life, you'll just get more things you don't like !

I'd recommend you just give Holosync another try.
Cheap secondhand CDs are available on eBay if you don't want to spend the money, so there's no reason to be stopped by the cost. And you might get your kick by ripping off centerpointe in such a way.
Also if you're annoyed at the idea of having the affirmations of someone else on the supra-liminal part of the secondhand soundtracks you buy, I'll give you a trick. The supra-liminals are Freqency modulated on the 15500 Hz frequency. The peak in intensity is clearly visible if you do a spectral analysis of the soundtracks. To get those off the sountracks, you can either do a low-pass filter set at 15000 Hz, using any good sound engineering software out there on the market,, and then re-burn your CDs (and re-sell the originlas again !), or even more simply turn the sountracks to MP3. The Frequencies above 5000 Hz are all filtered out in MP3, and the frequencies that create the Binaureal Beat still remain, so the soundtracks are still completely effective (and there again you can re-sell your CDs, so in the end it costs you nearly nothing).

ANd try and have a look at Bill Harris book Thresholds of the mind (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0972178007/qid=1106336008/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/002-7790369-8403239?v=glance&s=books). It recaps nearly everything the guys in Centerpointe's support staff can tell you if you're stuck, so you'll have almost the full benefit of the program for really a fraction of the price (except for the personnal support, which I did find pretty helpfull)

Why dont'cha give it a try ?
might be fun !

Cheers,

Erwan