Hmmm. It is great to read all these contributions from other HS users. I started a year ago and am on Awakening Level 1 CD4. This past year has been a bumpy one emotionally and I think it may be caused by a combination of re-entering the workforce and learning lots of new skills, having to come to terms with the fact that my mental faculties are not nearly as sharp as they used to be and perhaps some overwhelm caused by the CDs.

Periods of intense anxiety have dogged my state from time to time about my ability to be a worthwhile employee. Sometimes I have felt like driving head on into a semi-trailer as it would be so much easier than dealing with everything. But then I remember that my current situation is a CHOICE and I can change that choice at any time.

So... is HS working for me? I can't be sure. The mind is such a subjective organism that I can't tell if I am indeed experiencing a placebo effect or if the affects are genuine. Am I being ripped off? Don't know that one either.

I do know that I am able to view things from a much more detached position and that I can put my emotional reactions to the side if that is necessary to get through a situation - this can be a real advantage especially when responding to family members who are behaviing in an extremely emotive manner.

When I have the feelings of anxiety, my guts feel all shaking and I feel as though I am falling apart. It is truly uncomfortable and makes me feel like a failure. Do you other HS users feel this physical sensation too?

When I use the HS it feels good. My life is so darn busy I usually listen to it at bedtime and fall asleep anywhere from the end of the first 1/2 hour to the end of the entire hour. Because of this I tend to use each CD for quite a long time before switching to the next one.