Re: essential skills

I'd also recommend getting on the nlp newsgroups and reading the kinds of immature, self-adulating, and castigating posts Tom Vizzini makes before shelling out any money for his products.

Out of curiosity I bought a set of essential skills CDs. Disappointment galore. My advice: don't waste your money.

The generalization that NLP Comprehensive and other places only teach you how to use NLP in a therapeutic context is inaccurate. Even when the skills are taught within the context of therapy, anyone with half a brain can generalize them easily into other contexts. However, NLP Comprehensive teaches NLP techniques with regard to many contexts, and they do it extremely well. I have been to quite a few educational facilities, the education at NLP Comp was the best educational experience I've had in my life.

At the risk of being snotty, I have to say that the essential skills crew and Ross Jeffries are slimy and sleazy. Of the two I prefer Jeffries. He can actually teach some good stuff, even though it is oversimplified and cheesy at times.

If you guys want the non-therapeutic, fun approach why not go to Bandler for it? I mean, these other guys are just cheap imitations when you get down to it.

You put any of them next to Bandler and, well, what you have is a nuclear bomb among some firecrackers. The choice is pretty clear.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited July 22, 2004).]