I read that Mother Jones article about Richard Bandler, too.

It was pretty intense. I think the words "Daddy, please don't let them kill me" was splattered on the top of it. It's something she wrote in her diary some time before her murder. It goes to show the sensationalism involved in the article and makes me question the journalism....

But it is creepy, and it is important, I think, to know the kinds of people you're dealing with. Bandler was acquitted. Who knows if he really did it or not? What we do know is that he was a user of cocaine and was somehow involved with the crime. Just how is a mystery.

And Bandler did try to claim NLP as his intellectual property and had lawsuits against several trainers for various reasons.

So, yeah, he has several skeletons in his closets. Why not bring it up? Well, you did, and I'm glad.

It doesn't mean, however, that NLP is bad. There are several teachers and practitioners who are not cocaine addicted or have any involvement with murders.

If someone chose not to support Bandler in any way because of his past, I think that that would be a fair judgement.