The human potential field is often criticized for painting in broad strokes and coming to false conclusions from small bits of scientific fact ripped from their original contexts.

The "science" behind holosync isn't really science. The whole brain-wave thing (beta, delta, theta, etc.) has been labeled bogus by people who work in the field of electroencephalography.

I agree that binaural beats have an affect on your consciousness, yes. But the conclusions drawn about "whole brain synchrony" and "brain-wave entrainment" are largely works of fiction. The people coming up with this stuff are not neurologists. They are people interested in selling their products.

People are often sloppy and uncritical in their thinking. They are willing to believe things not because they are true or accurate or have survived the rigors of some logical system, no. They believe because they want to. This is why Centerpointe's advertising is so over the top. People want to believe claims that they can be enlightened by listening to a CD. They want to believe that life will be blissful, if only they pay $100 here and there every so often and then spend an hour a day with their headphones on.

The whole thing about overwhelm is a story. It's an invented work of philosophical fiction. The philosophy of Centerpointe was not created in an environment of scientific inquiry where hypotheses are rigorously tested in experiments, compared with existing knowledge, and subject to criticism and inquiry by peers with expertise in the field.

You may not like the thought, but chances are you are being taken advantage of if you continue to buy Centerpointe's products. They are overpriced. They are based on pseudo-science, scientific facts removed from their contexts, and conjecture presented as verified fact.

You could probably achieve the same results using another technique. It is my guess, but upon rigorous study, you could probably find that what works with the holosync method is fairly simple and has little to do with Centerpointe's explanations.

Just a guess.

Am I being negative? Well, was the child who said the Emperor had no clothes being unpatriotic?

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited July 28, 2004).]