Hypnosis?? Subliminal messages??? Workbook???? Boy, I am SO glad I read this thread before ordering. Neither the mailer nor the information on the LS website mentions anything about those two methods, and I quote, "You won't have to complete any exercises, assignments, or workbooks to reap the rewards of the program." It only states throughout the advertisement, that all you have to do is listen to certain sounds, and that's it! Period! Hmmm... Not that I have anything against workbooks. In fact, I like them! But the thing is, if it's purported that no one NEEDS a workbook, then why bother to include one? If some may need one, then SAY SO, and few people will think anything of it. But to NOT say so, then later find out it IS so, then lots of people will think something about it, and those thoughts will not be complimentary.

In my estimation about it all, is that meticulous care was taken not to put all their cards on the table up front, for fear that people would think it was just another hypnosis/subliminal program. I guess you can't blame them for that, but I certainly wouldn't have done it. With a little extra effort and imagination, they could have found a way to be totally open, yet make it enticing to purchase. This way, there would be no unpleasant surprises. But hey, they're hoping you'll give it a try when you get it, anyway, since it's already in your possession. Then, Dr. Luanne Oakes, with all due respect, a known expert in her field, will of course be banking on business statistics which show that only about 5% of dissatisfied customers ever bother to return a purchased item. How true the numbers are! I've never returned anything, out of all the hundreds of products I've ordered from various sources. And I've only returned a few things, ever, on a local level. Nonetheless, I promise you, had I ordered "Sound Health, Sound Wealth", not knowing about the subliminals (which I avoid), I would have returned it.

With regard to hypnosis, I am cautiously selective. The script must meet my specifications, the company has to be reputable, and I have to get a good gut feeling about it. If these three conditions are met, then I am willing to try it. However, I will not touch subliminals with a 10-ft. pole. Thanks, but no thanks. You never know for sure what they're actually saying, regardless of what they may tell you. This is why I LOVE Learning Strategy's Paraliminals. Paraliminals blow subliminals out of the water! No contest! And you know exactly what is going into that precious mind of yours.

I should point out, if you're the type of person who likes subliminals, that's your prerogative. Far be it from me to discourage you from what you prefer for yourself. Good luck!

On the whole, I am still, by far, so very thankful for the phenomenal products by Learning Strategies, and their additional contribution to us by way of this forum. For all of you who have participated on this thread, Thank You!!! You just saved me from a big inconvenience! I am also happy for the people who are actually benefiting from the "Sound Health, Sound Wealth" program. However, as for myself, I'll pass on it. There is more than one way to stroke a cat, and SHSW is definitely not the only fish in the Learning Strategies sea!

[This message has been edited by SummitOfAmbition (edited June 07, 2005).]