Vernon Howard is great, I love his stuff. I have about 5 of his books and three tapes. Mystic Path to Cosmic Power is my favorite, and PsychoPictography my second-favorite.
Hope you remember the title of that small book, sounds interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by SuzieQ:
Hi Shr33m

Thank you for your thoughtful and very informative response. What became clear to me as I read it, especially the weight-lifting analogy, is my tendency to believe the promises of the promotional literature because I want it all to be true.

Although I don't spend thousands, I have spent a lot along the way. Ironically, if I had to choose the single most effective thing I've "worked with," it would have to be a little book by a man named Vernon Howard which, if I remember correctly, cost $1. When I religiously followed his simple suggestions in my everyday life, I experienced the most consistent clarity for the longest periods of time. Unfortunately, I gave the book away and have forgotten to whom -- I could use a refresher on the information.

Also, have you experimented at all with white powder gold? I can't yet comment on long-term effects, but if you take it before meditating, you definitely know in real time that something is going on. It's expensive and I don't know enough to recommend it with confidence, but there are a lot of websites that deal with it.

Thanks again,
Suzie