quote:
Originally posted by tribu:,

I know through the years there has been discussion of polyphasic (sp?) sleep in this discussion forum.

Does anyone have any idea if the following would work: that is, making yourself sleep in excess in preparation for a few less than ideal regular nights (regular meaning whatever is regular for you)? We hear a lot about "catching up on sleep" after the fact, or during a time of studying, etc. But I wonder if anyone has any information on whether one can sleep ahead, in other words, sleep more than necessary for a few days; and of course, how to go about doing it, "forcing" yourself to sleep more than you're accustomed to. Any specific tapes anyone can recommend for accumulating some sort of "sleep reserve" one can fall back on? In other words, any tapes around that can induce such a "forced" sleep?

Thanks!

Tribu

"Forced Sleep"... That's an easy one!

I call it "Sandman Dust"...
Reach into the cosmos, with your magic hand, seize a single alpha molecule, bring it to your hand, held over the head of your patient... Using the magic hand superimposed with the actual hand, grind the molecule between thumb and index, into a flaky glittery power that falls through your or patient's head... temporally scrambling their thoughts... so that all that's left to do is be asleep...

Caution! It might be fatal to drop the whole molecule... or not?
I suspect that molecule is more powerful than a nuke... It does what you want of it...
You can't play with alpha-matter until you've establish front brain... Thank goodness for those lab safety features...

Anyway, the person is asleep in a couple seconds...

Once I was applying the sandman dust to my lady's head, when an overly curious remote viewer shoved his hand into the dust, catching most of it...
I reached to my friend whose cells are universes, and reached back, seized the scrambled invader by the neck, slammed him in a chair, commanded "SIT!", "FREEZE!", and smashed it like a hammer hit to a nitrogen froze rose...
Haven't had any cosmic invaders in the bedroom since...

Try the sandman dust... experimentation in that area will quadruple your intellect faster than you can handle... and will place you where you can answer your own question regarding "sleep reserve" (reservoir, source)...
I'm thinking you must evolve to creating another organ and gland, in your body, to create that process to that end... It is possible, but are you ready for this much reality? (are you a Nasa employee?)

Should you ever fear you are close to burn, pull it all back in in three seconds or less... as in "regroup"... It be the only way safely through the fire... to be so much fire that it doesn't know to burn...

[Note: username changed from Life to cosmicbrat]

[This message has been edited by Life (edited January 10, 2005).]