quote:
Originally posted by Jeanne:
Interesting thoughts on this thread!

However, as I read, two thoughts come to mind:

1. As noted earlier, Michael Hutchinson sounds as though he is in dire straits--my prayers go out to him. One of his earlier books inspired some of my explorations, for which I will always be grateful!

2. His letter could end up being fodder for litigation as his claims, if unproven, are damaging to CP and perhaps others who use the same or similar technology.

I can't imagine the CDs I have causing brain damage, but then I used them as advised in the instructions. Even with "over" use, the results he mentions seem unlikely at best.

You clearly have a bias. Just because you "can't imagine the CDs I have causing brain damage" doesn't mean they won't, your speculation on whether such potential or actual damage is unlikely is groundless, it's only your speculation with bias, unless you have more supporting evidence to share with readers.

Bill Harris discredits Hutchison of not being a scientist or expert in the brain research, but is he himself a scientist or expert in brain science? Hutchison researched extensively 20 years ago when he wrote the megabrain book, he interviewed and worked with many scientists and experts in the field. Binaural beat paper was published around the turn of the century and there were a lot of research papers and studies done by the time Hutchison conducted his research, Bill Harris didn't have more scientific data on binaural beat studies than what was available to Hutchison, there has not been any significant new discoveries about binaural beat technology now than 20 years ago to make Hutchson an uninformed or outdated expert in this field.

Regarding your second thought, I wonder why you didn't apply that same logic to Bill Harris' unproven claims? Such claims "could end up being fodder for litigation", don't you think?

peace and love to all.

[This message has been edited by Fear Not! (edited February 03, 2005).]