I have some really mixed feelings about Jerry Stocking.

I listened to his IC seminar on tape as well as portions of the Very Important Patterns seminar on CD.

My take on him is this: don't go to him for content, go to him for form. His response to someone is often a form of manipulation that is messing with their pattern of thought and behavior rather than a means of conveying linguistic information. That is, the content of the dialogue may be inaccurate garbage, but its effect on the person will get them to think and behave differently.

For instance, he will shift meta-programs, frames, rep systems, etc. when talking to someone and this will typically fry their (and your) brains.

Bandler sometimes does this, but Jerry is certainly more confusing. I think Jerry is a master of the confusion technique. You think you're following him and then the rug has been pulled from under you.

If I am not mistaken, he believes he has reached enlightenment. I don't share his belief, but I think he is one of the most naturally skilled people there is at what he does. I think he is a very intelligent person who is very slippery and skilled at manipulating people, but I don't know how beneficial listening to or attending his seminars are.

I like his Winning by Quitting book, though.

On another note, I have very little experience with energy work, but I expect shr33m is right. I think that you can introduce and/or cultivate energies that find their expression in what is right for you. I guess it has something to do with resonance and vibration ... good energy manifests in forms that are in tune with your essential nature. Makes sense to me.