Garics, Richard,

Thanks for the info. I haven't read the ebooks you suggested Garics, but I will. I just wanted to post a quick reply to mention that I have located study done for a PhD thesis by Dr. Ruth Olmstead using a/v stimulation to treat ADD and other learning disabilities. Larry Minikes operates the site www.avstim.com and sells the MindSpa device which has her sessions (you can find a link to Dr. Olmstead's thesis on his site). I've corresponded with him several times over the past week and he is a great guy with a lot of knowledge.

I was excited about finding this research because it's the first study I've seen that actually uses the scientific method with strict standards and subject to peer review. I've seen it suggested on other threads that Bill Harris would be afraid of the results of an actual controlled experiment evaluating the efficacy of his products. I don't know whether they could be proved effective or not, or whether their effectiveness (for those who get positive results) would be shown to be more a result of placebo or expectancy. Regardless, I'm encouraged by Dr. Olmstead's work.

Also Garics - I checked Neurophone device, and noticed the Echofone is a newer item. I saw a brief comparison of the two, but I couldn't tell if the Echofone would actually do most/all that the more expensive Neurophone would do. Do you know?

Thanks for your comments.