twix,

Well I am a little interested to hear what results you got, if any, with the sound & light machine.

It is difficult for me to tell you how long to give it, but since you invested your money I would just make sure you give it what (to you) feels like a sincere effort before you consider moving on to other options.

Some seem to get results quickly, whereas for others the process takes weeks, and I have also heard people using the product for months or longer before getting results. So I am not sure where this promise of results in only a few days came from.
Maybe because all the people who pioneered the program were experienced meditators to begin with, and they project their experiences onto others...?

With that said, that are a couple of products you may want to look at, which can offer changes and experiences which are similiar to those available with holosync.

1 of which, is the AwakenedMinds CD. The lowest carrier tone on that one is (I believe) 20Hz, which is lower than on Awakening Prologue. That product also employs frequencies other than the low-carrier-tone delta frequency, layered harmonically, to induce a meditative state.

Many people who use this product report results similiar to those obtained with holosync, with a somewhat lighter degree of purification (and my experience confirms this as well).

Additionally, there is only 1 "level" to this program, and it sells for 35.95, a lot cheaper than holosync. Most people seem to continue getting good results with this CD for a year or more; the Awakened Minds support staff says that some have used the product for two years or more and are still experiencing purification effects.

I began testing this CD when I had completed holosync through Flowering 1, which is the 10th level of the holosync program.
And at that point, I found that it gave me a definite level of emotional catharsis, of dislodging subconscious material, that was beyond what I was getting at that point with my regular sitting practice.

Another option, is the perfect meditation CD's....these are basically a clone of the holosync program, with different background sounds and effects, sold by someone over ebay.
(Go on ebay, search for holosync, and you'll find him, his product is called "perfect meditation". You can email him to inquire about lower levels etc.)

The advantage here, is that he will sell you a deeper level right at the outset, and he charges about one-third of the price for each level; also, I think the carrier tone on the introductory package is a bit lower than on Awakening Prologue.

Some people like jeffdengr, whose opinion I respect, advises against jumping ahead in the program, in terms of carrier frequency.

However, I have only my own experience, and the testimonials of others to guide me in this, and I am trying to present you with what I feel are all of the relevant options....

the individual who sells the perfectmeditation CD's offers email support, and perhaps can point out some techniques to help deal with any excess purification, should it arise in your case...

Anyway, you want to get to a point in yourself, whether you are doing "conventional" meditation, holosync, yoga, or anything else, where you are sensitive enough to rely on the data of your own sensory perception; this is one of the reasons Spring Forest QiGong (and related disciplines, like a regular sitting or focusing meditation) are so useful; practiced over time, they are not only synergistic with most mind-tech/self-improvement approaches; they actually help to increase your sensitivity and awareness of what works for YOU.

Third-person studies and comments from others ultimately pale in comparison to your own intuition and sensitivity; no two people are alike and only you can determine what is appropriate for you at this point!

Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Garic