Last week or week before I started listening to Sales Leap. I have not listened continously. I listened last night to it. I made a little improvement from yesterday. I got one application.

I am a loan assistant. I call up prospects and try to get them interested in refinance and send the application to the loan officer. This is the most challenging sales job I had aside from being a realtor.

This is a job were you have to overcome reluctance and skepticism for sure.

One guy at work who is the top rep, he just seems to have the demeanor he started out getting one of the most apps. He is definately a natural. There is another guy who is like a natural. Natural meaning they become very good producers despite not having worked at the job before or being taught really.

I mean I did this job at another company and I struggle to get an application whereas others seem to have no problem.

I hear one say just from the change of voice one can get more apps. One say it is all in the voice.

My job is all over the phone.

I am reading a book by Stephen Schiffman, but I am not sure if it totally applies to my job after reading. I dont know if there is any sales book that can be applied to my job because it is all over the phone and it is mortgages and many companies sell mortgages.

What I am trying to do to improve is to memorize the rebuttals. I did memorize the pitch.

I will admit that I dont have every single rebuttal memorize but most of them.

But I do see two guys who say the same thing but one is gettings the apps and the other is still struggling but they are saying the same thing.

It seems as if though it is hard to say on how to improve your telesales numbers. Part of me thinks with sales either you have it or you dont.

One guy says just be yourself and natural on the phone but this seems easier said than done when doing telesales.

How many of your are into sales? Any one of you went from nothing to tops in sales?

any insight would be appreciated.

Parag