Desert Sphinx:

I had talk with my friend last Thursday. He mentioned how he had a masters degree and starts like at $40k to $45k a year. Now around here, that is good salary. He got his masters degree last spring. He told me that people dont really need a masters degree to be trained for his job but they require it. It is not like they need to know the basics of this or that.

He also told me how he had a job as a copier technician making $13 to $14 hour. He was not a electronics technician. He did that for close to 2 years. He saw another technician with like 20 years of experience make a $1 an hour more than him. This guy also went to school for electronics to. So, you have professional guys out there who make as much as warehouse workers.

YOu have well paying jobs out there were you dont need background to do well in it. Like my friends job. It has something to do with Public administration.

I also have seen network professionals without a degree in computers or without certification work in the field and not make bad money. I have heard about people working in HR without a degree in that or in business. HR- Human Resources. I also remember reading an article in my paper about certain workers who dont have formal education or anything but make like 6 figures as a crane operator or make good money as a forklift operator. I also heard of carpet professionals making six figures or close to it.

Self Mastery, were I work I am figuring their pay structure is not probably going to be same as everyone else. They are one of the better companies to telemarket for mortgages.

Were I work they pay you an hourly rate. They pay you for each application you get. If the application you set up ends up getting funded by a loan officer you also get paid for that. They have their own incentives and bonuses. I wont get into now because it can be elaborate to explain.

I worked for another mortgage company were you get hourly but you had to maintain a certain app average to get paid for each application over at the current mortgage company you get paid for each one you get. Over there they had no bonuses or incentives from what I remember. The current company I made money from an incentive. The other company you also get paid for funded loans to.

I also worked for a mortgage company were I got hourly but did not get paid for an application. They had no bonuses or incentives.

I used to do telemarketing for Time Warner Cable and over there, telemarketers also had the opportunity to earn extra money for group incentives. Like if there was a certain amount of sales made by the shift and you made your minimum amount of sales you got paid like $100-$175. At the mortgage companies I telemarketed for, we did not have any group incentives or get paid for group incentives.

Self mastery, I dont think anyone every says I will do telemarketing for the rest of my life but I guess inside sales is huge thing now a days. Yes, there is the do not call list but it is still around. So, if you have phone skills it can be lucrative.

Parag