I just said I always seemed put people to sleep. I only stayed in that job for a short time, a couple weeks or so, and did not do well. I was new to NLP and was not very familiar with all the necessary skills, and obviously went too far in trance induction. Putting people into a deep trance isn't useful. The manager really liked my voice though.

This company was OK as far as telemarketing goes but they had a wierd product for Phoenix- vinyl siding. The vast majority of the people I spoke with lived in stucco houses and in developments with homeowners' associations, so it was not a good product for the area. Some people even thought I was joking. Generally most people were not at home so most of the time was spent dialing and waiting for an answer. The leads were not qualified, in fact we were the ones doing the qualification. When I went back for my paycheck and asked to see the manager I was told she was gone. I looked around the office and everyone was new, none of the people were people I worked with. It is a numbers game.