quote:
Can you expand on this. What difference did you experience? I ask because I was always a "lie-down" meditator and have wondered whether sitting up would have been better for me.

Regards
Stevie

I believe the major difference for me is energy flow, and probably for the same reasons that when using the SFQ meditations it's better to do so sitting up.

When I started HS, I thought I'd never be able to sit up for the full hour because of my back. But I just didn't seem to be sensing anything, so decided to try what Centerpointe had suggested - sit up!

Well, I found a way to support my back, rolled up a comfortable towel to place between the back of my neck and the chair (for support, and also to hold the ear-phones close and stable to my head), and although I'm not completely vertical, my body is resting nicely at about an 80 degree angle in my lazy-boy chair. I also take advantage of the hour to put up my feet, which tend to swell during the day. I get major amounts of energy channeling up through my body, from the base of my spine and into my head, particularly at the brow and crown chakras, and I definitely have a sense of things happening all along the other chakras.

For one thing, when sitting up, you are much less likely to fall asleep (unless that is your intention). I like to use several different meditation techniques along with the HS, which I believe also enhances what HS does, and the overall experience of it. I use the more (inward) verbal techniques during The Dive, and switch off to focusing on my breath for The Immersion. Sometimes during Immersion, I will use the deeper level as an opportunity to do healing, by focusing the incoming energies on areas needing help. As well, during The Dive portion, if I have some specific goals in mind, I will incorporate some Hypnosis and NLP into the middle 10 minutes or so, just before it pushes down to Delta. I have also used the increased sense of energy flow to channel healing to others at a distance, using some of the techniques taught in SFQ.

What I have noticed from chatting with others using HS is that most of the ones lying down are either not feeling like they're getting anywhere, or they are experiencing inordinant amounts of overwhelm. I believe part of the reason for either of these has to do with the energy not flowing properly and being blocked.

As well, whether from not understanding just how powerful the mind is, or not truly wanting to become fully engaged in personal change, many people seem to think that if they just sit/lie there and listen, that's all the benefit they will derive. My personal experience is, that the more engaged you become in the experience while listening, the more you will also become engaged in the outer processes of expanding awareness and growing spiritually.

I have written extensively about how beneficial I feel HS has been in my life on the Centerpointe Forum (not directly related to the company). I am currently just started on Awakening Level 3, first CD. With approximately another 10 years left in the program, as I am an Inner Circle member, when I consider how far I've come in just a year and a half, I'm totally in awe of where this could lead over the next 10 years.

Cheers!
Unis