quote:
Originally posted by Golden_Era:
for some reason every time I tried meditating sitting down with my spine as straight as possible, my feet would begin to tremble and a numb sensation would come and would bother me and therefore I had to stop.

Any help on this? I began to meditate lying down because it was a lot easier on the back and on the feet.

I apologize for the duplicate quote. Unis, Golden-Era, & Stevie-I just wanted to let you know that I found a device that helps me sit with proper posture - & without pain-while meditating. The meditation device is sold by Higher Balance Institute and cost $49.00. It is a rather simple device that will probably last for many many years. Before using this, after a short time of meditation, I would be in pain trying to maintain the proper sitting posture. I do not think this device is the solution for all "meditation sitting" problems-but might be worth a try for some of you. If interested in checking it out, this is their 800 number: (800-935-4007-Pacific Time Zone ) or website: www.higherbalance.com . I am sure Higher Balance could give you an idea, by phone, if the device might be of assistance for one's individual problem. I do not know if this particular item is refundable or not In the event that the device does not help you or your physician does not appove of you using it. Blessings-khalah