Unis

Your advice has been very helpful. I can make a few points in reply to your suggestions. First of all, when I realise I am going to do a session on Holosync whilst attempting to sit up straight, I instinctively feel that I cannot be bothered, I can almost feel my heart sink a little. It feels too much of an effort, a chore and something to get done and get it over with. There is little doubt in my mind that this approach to Holosync or meditation in general is probably not efficacious at all. It seems to me that one has to enjoy or look forward to or gain some form of satisfaction from whatever one is doing to make it worthwhile, meaningful and hopefully lasting.

Having said that when I decide to lie down to meditate I feel a lot happier although as I say I usually fall asleep and start to wonder whether I am acquiring the benefit that Holosync is trying to offer. Still I find that position the most relaxing, restful and far more pleasant that sitting. It is what I like and what I prefer. (I note though that there is a thread in this post stating that falling asleep during meditation is to be avoided as the purpose of mediation is to remain awake in order to focus tour consciousness.)

As regards your comment that most of us have a lot to clear up in our subconscious minds, without going into any great detail I can confirm that that is most definitely the case for me. I am also aware of a lot of resistance within myself, even when I want to change some things, and in many things in life I have to fight the tendency to give up too easily. I reckon my middle name should have been "what's the use?"

So for the time being when I use HS I am just going to use it as I please. You have given me the inspiration to do so.

Regards
Stevie