Faune,

I got LS's Spring Forest QiGong the summer of 2005 (levels 1 and 2) and think it's wonderful. It actually changed my whole spiritual direction in life toward studying LifeForce. SFQ is the reason I got involved with Higher Balance in the first place. I searched all over the net for months on end looking for someone who could explain the scientific reasons we could move the force around and into our bodies like that and it wasn't until 6 months later I got a flier in the mail from Higher Balance.

[I have been doing SFQ for 2 years and still have had problems with meditation and not getting to the stillness]

My favorite exercise on level one of SFQ is moving yin and yang up and down your spine. Just a couple minutes of doing that is enough to still me. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Years ago I "failed" to attain stillness using Kriya Yoga, a path that worked for so many other people for many years. The Kriya Technique is to move the lifeforce up the spine to your head and back down again with your mind only, no hand movements. I couldn't get it to do anything. Once I tried Chunyi Lin's hand movements I got it to work right away. The point is, I think you just gotta find something that works for you and who knows what that will be and who knows where you will find it.

Guy Finley sells a tape program called "The Meditative Life" that may help you. www.guyfinley.com

His explaination of what meditation is for is quite different than everyone elses, even Eric Pepin's. I do Guy's version of meditation after I do Eric's. Sometimes I also do Wayne Dyers Meditation for Manifesting which is where you say the "ah" sound and vibrate at that frequency and focus on what you want to manifest in your life. I really can't say that I like one version over another. I like them all and do them all. I also like the Zen techniques which are available anywhere in any book but I like Osho's and Alan Watts' more than other Zen stuff.

I hope I'm not confusing you. The point is, I think you'll eventually find what you need if you just keep trying things.