Back in the early 90's I was in sales and read some silva books and got some of their tapes to help with that. I also got the nightingaleconant silva course when it came out. I think it was one of my first attempts at esp. I really can't comment on it because I honestly don't remember much about it other than once you get to alpha you're supposed to have all the experiences they talk about.

The Silva method has been so ripped off by everyone else that you can't read anything about esp or paranormal development without comming across breakthroughs that Jose Silva didn't find first. He was a pioneer in the field (when no one else was doing it) and definately raised everyone's consciousness to what was possible. I personally think he helped NLP become what it was and introduced "anchors" even though he didn't use the term. He was using brainwave technology years before it was "cool" and since then - just look around you at all the brainwave stuff out there.

Silva, NLP and peak performance stuff was written mostly for the American market and appeals to those who want to keep a foot in the "practical" world. I'm not bent that way so after learning all I could there at the time I turned to Hinduism, Taoism, Buddism and all the eastern arts and found that they were doing things that are just unbelieveable so I went in that direction. But that was a long time ago.

If I were to try Silva now it would probably be a review for me. Dick Sutphen teaches how to get to the theta level before doing psychic stuff and it only makes sense that he probably learned how to get to alpha via the Silva method and then just kept going.

If your curious just get the course from LS. You can't go wrong with their guarantee. It may be too basic for you OR it will show you some basics you didn't know. I would never steer someone away from learning esp no matter who was the teacher.