I agree with Neozon. In my opinion, The Secret is a well rounded presentation of the principle of the law of attraction. And only one chapter specifically focuses on money as a topic (yes, most of the presenters have money issues as a part of their work, but within the context of creating the life you want to live - including health, relationships, etc.). The Secret is about how your thoughts and feelings attract ALL experiences into your life - and how you cannot create in the experience of another.

I was only a bit disappointed that the historical references highlighted in the original trailer weren't examined in the movie - just what is the Emerald Tablet anyway?

But that said, what is so great about this inexpensive DVD (it's only $20) is that you can share it with people who have no idea about such ideas. So many people are focused on the mundane experiences of what appears to be reality, that they cannot for a second believe that they have anything to do with its creation. I am lending this movie to a co-worker who complains daily about the ills of the world and this robbery and that murder...and on and on. But the reality is that these things are not happening to her - they are not her experiences. Who knows why someone creates what they do, good or bad? By reading or listening to the mass-market News you only get a report of what happened, not how or why the situation was created - not the inner reasons, and so that sort of info is useless and ultimately destructive because it just causes a vicious cycle of fear and powerlessness. What about the great things that happen to people all day, day in and day out - where are these reported? You can only understand what you are creating, not the experience of any other.

For those two who feel it's all about greed, you might want to look at how you view the world. Honestly, you can do more to help other people/animals/theplanet if you have some extra to give - time or money. Personally, I think this film, and many of the presenter's books and programs, help people, and not rip them off. If you believe everyone's out to rip you off, then yes, you're bound to get scammed or ripped off - or feel you have. You will attract the perception of it.

You might consider reading Seth Speaks, followed by The Nature of Personal Reality: A Seth Book, and Seth: The Early Sessions Vol 1, all by Jane Roberts. The Early Sessions Vol 1 is particularly complimentary with Robert Scheinfeld's excellent book The 11th Element, and if read together can greatly expand your perception of reality. In my opinion, there is no clearer entry into metaphysics than Seth. The reason I mention this is that it doesn't appear that you are looking beyond the mundane circumstances of life. The Secret is the perfect presentation for those who haven't ever questioned the mass trance that the majority of western culture lives in. The Secret is also a great reminder to those who are awakening more and more to the true nature of reality. It is really a primer on how you attract your experiences, and how important your feelings are in the whole equation. And c'mon, Esther Hicks and Joe Vitale are pretty fabulous in it.