Levitateme--let me address some of your questions.

1. What part did I not care for? Certainly it wasn't the price, which is reasonable. I just found it, hmmm...maybe "shallow" is the right word. For the record, I thought the same about What the Bleep. It's "ok" but not a dvd I'll watch over and over.

2. Was I "upset" over people charging for their programs and seminars? Absolutely not. However, I do think that people who soak these up, one after the other, often without a lot of benefit, are missing the point. It's really a far more simple manner. YOU, in fact, touched on it in your paragraph about Autobiography of a Yogi, one of my all time favorite books by the way.

So if people want to spend lots of money and attend endless seminars and classes, that's ok. But the real "secret" is no secret at all. Mystics and seekers have known, and tried to teach it ("you can lead the seeker to water, but...") since time began.

3. Do I think everyone is out there just to grab a buck? No. Actually, I think very few are "in it" just for the money. They seem, for the most part, sincere and do know "some stuff"--it's just that, as mentioned in (2), the way to abundance is not that complicated.

4. Not sure why you brought up the ego--but since you did, I agree with you. Make friends with your ego, it's an important helpmate. But keep a balance. You might find some of the Huna teachings helpful in that regard. There's a nice Huna group on Yahoo that offers a lot of free teaching.

Hope this helps. Remember what Ingrid said: not all criticism is meant to be hurtful. The Secret is fine, especially if it encourages folks to think .