Hey Jeanne,
Thanks for clarifying. I understand your position better now, and agree with you about the tendancy for people to jump from one program to another without fully practicing or absorbing its principles. You do have to choose something and stay with it for it to become integrated into your life. Though sometimes you do have to try on a few suits to find the one that fits best!
Being a graduate of several art programs, I recognize there is a fine line sometimes between honest criticism and snarky cynicism - and I'm not at all referring to either your's or Ingrid's posts. I think perhaps some people had high expectations for the Secret (no doubt because of the marketing hype), and it didn't meet those expectations and therefore they felt let down. I really had no expectations for the production and can see the potential it can have to alter the general public's worldview in a positive way. If it had been released as the worldwide television event it wished to be, I believe it could have reached it's target audience more successfully. Instead, it was marketed primarily to people already familiar with this information, and who therefore may find it less than revolutionary.
And thank you Unis for the Emerald Tablet link. You're right, I got the first paragraph, but the second was a bit arcane, indeed. Interesting though.