Hi all,

Since this is such an interesting, deep and profound posting, I thought I would add my two cents...

Without getting into the symantics of the word, abundance, I think the context in which this word is used also needs to be taken into account. I think there are several milestones on the way to Enlightenment, which is what Jeanne and Ingrid seem to be referring to, involving the transcending of the ego. Along the path to enlightenment, one goes through various phases,as described in Siddartha by Herman Hesse. Siddartha first goes through the ascetic stage, when he tries to control his physical realm, by subjecting his body to very harsh conditions including meditating for days and months outside with very little water or food, trying to get past pain. Then he goes through the opposite phase of extreme materialism when he becomes a successful businessman, and even has mistresses to satisfy his material lusts and wants. After a few years of this life style, internally he feels dissatisfied this "good" life is still not it, and then with a more balanced philosophical outlook (having seen both the yin and the yang) he sits under the Bodhgaya tree and achieves Enlightenment.

My point is that not everyone is seeking that ultimate state of enlightenment. Buddha abandoned his family and kingdom in his quest for enlightenement. Most people are seeking happiness, comfort and security in a "normal" human life, which I think the Abundance referred to by these programs will provide.

I look at these programs as being different tools in a "toolbox" from which one can pick a certain tool or technique to solve a certain life need or situation. If one still has a longing for going further along the path, which none of these tools can satisfy, then one may have to transcend these tools and continue.

Just as an aside, most of the enlightened masters, such as J. Krishnamurthi were reputed to have miraculous powers, which they very seldom used or demonstrated since they did not want the fame or power these abilities would give them. In the spiritual plane they had reached, they had no use for these powers!

[This message has been edited by InquiringMind (edited May 14, 2006).]