Thank you, Ingrid. Other concepts which the Abundance courses teach are the concepts of Prosperity Consciousness vs. Poverty Consciousness (though I do not think they are mentioned in AFL).

Prosperity Consciousness is about appreciating and valuing the abundance and prosperity one has, and Poverty Consciousness involves focusing on the scarcity of resources and lack of abundance (to me, it seems like the glass half full/half empty analogy). The danger with poverty consciousness is that one can almost begin to think that it is "noble" to be poor. To paraphrase what some famous person (whose name escapes me now) said, if you think so and so, then that is right, and if you think its opposite, then that too is right... I think I personally would rather embrace the concept of prosperity than poverty

Another concept I have come across in my study of personal development is the concept of a successful and perceptive malcontent. If a person who has achieved a certain level of success in most of the "normal" human endeavors, such as career, social relationships, social skills, etc, and still feels discontented, and decides to transcend these in the search for awakening, then that person is doing so from a position of power. On the other hand, if a person is deficient or unsuccessful in these basic skills, and decides to give up the "normal" human pursuits, then that person is in danger of doing so for the wrong reasons, ie, to rationalize failure at ordinary life tasks and find an escape from reality, rather than its opposite, to awaken....

As I read somewhere, money as such is neither good or bad. It is the user who makes it one or the other.

Lots of love.

Last edited by InquiringMind; 05/21/06 11:15 PM.