No you don't have to start over. However if you get into the question 'am I doing it right;, you often find that it's hard to switch off. If it's difficult to switch off then you have the problem. In which case I suggest you pause for a moment, take a deep breath and relax. Just tell yourself it's fine however it goes. Remember to say the chant it helps to remind you to stay relaxed, keep the pace and to see the page.

Many of us photoreaders actually read the book both ways right side up and upside down. Some books are just easier to handle upside down others the pages turn better the right way up. Doing it both ways helps to overcome the bothers of have I been doing it right. and the darn I'm sure I missed five pages just now. We know that we'll catch the on the way back.

Since it only take about 2 to 5 minutes to photoread a book if you're really bothered by the 'did i do it right' bug. You can always photread the book again. Even if you didn't do it right for all the pages each time through you will have caught all the pages by the second or 3rd photoread of the book.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 03, 2003).]