Well, time to eat a little crow. It appears that I was mislead and mistaken in citing some often quoted Gore "lies". I stand corrected. Thank you davidprd.

As kender85 has stated, one should trust a candidate and agree with the majority of his ideas before voting for that individual. Based on the last 8 years of watching Gore as VP, and based on his campaign, I neither trust Gore or agree with his "We know how to take care of you better than you do" elitest, paternalistic attitude. Now, after seeing what Gore and some Democrats are trying to do in Florida (stealing the election from G.W.), I trust Gore even less now than before (if that's possible).

Whatever is said about the candidates, my own ideological leanings are conservative. I don't subscribe to party loyalty. I vote for those candidates and measures that are conservative in nature as i believe that the more self sufficient one is, the more freedom that individual has (as well as more responsibility). So that is where I am coming from and I know there are many people out there who disagree with me. That is fine. I agree with kender85 in that one has to make an intelligent decision when voting.