Tim,

You asked for some personal examples...and mine have only been small but I'm still encouraged. When I was first reading the PR book, I followed the recommended steps and after a few times through, I photoread it. Then I proceeded to read it in a normal way. When I got to page 86, they talked about setting the stage for reading by relaxing your mind, etc. At that point, I stopped to think - why hadn't they mentioned using relaxing music. So I looked up music in the index and found that they talked about it on page 87. My mind must have known that, even though I was not consciously aware of it.

Another example was a puzzle I had been working on for several months. It's a puzzle of nine square cards with pictures of cats on them that you have to match up. I tried to write a computer program to solve this puzzle, but since there are over a billion possibilities and I don't have a supercomputer, I figured the program would have taken several months to run. One day I got totally frustrated with the whole thing and shuffled the cards and jokingly asked the universe to help me. Then I laid down the cards, made one or two adjustments, and guess what? The puzzle was solved!! I was amazed. I think my subconscious brain had been working on the puzzle all along.

Ok, I still have a lot of work to do...I don't even come close with the dictionary game which I do about once a week. But I have gone through more books and magazines and been more relaxed about all the reading I have to do lately. When I'm reading a book the normal way, my eyes just naturally go into photofocus and sometimes I have to concentrate to keep them focused normally.

And I find that just photoreading a book relaxes me, so it's something that I really enjoy. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. I figure if this really does work, it's going to be great (!) so I've got to keep on trying.