Personally I have found that using the following devices put my brain into a very relaxed state ideal for absoring the brainsync self-help tapes.

CES - 30mins - 1hr
Orion Light & Sound Machine
(same time use Self-Help Tape)

Perhaps, creating your own tapes would enhance personal self improvement. I'm only two weeks into using the combined equipment. However, the feeling of improvement has never been greater than all of the other techniques I have used before other the past few years including meditation, N.L.P, hypnosys.

N.L.P I strongly recommend to analyse your self talk and develop new self talk patterns during the day.

For instance if you think that you have failed at something put doubt in there, are you sure you really failed or is it simply you were a failure at being a failure.

Only once when you have sufficiently removed the negatism does the self-improvement start to accelerate! - at a tremendous rate.

My question to other adventurers in the quest of self-improvement is how do keep a open mind and allow all possibilities into our lives if we should also be focussing on some specific goal or image of what we should be.

Regards

Alex