Margaret,
I do *not* consider myself to be qualified to judge on Mr Wenger's training as a presenter. I also don't rely on other people to relax me in guided meditation.

I was making a comment about my perception of the general reactions to this post and I found them interesting because "he uses words, teminology and style that is unique" and that challenged me. It challenged me more from the perspective of hearing and proved to be rather interesting. I could have given up and returned the tapes. Or perhaps could obtain a transcript from LSC.

Instead after reading the comments from various people on this post I recognised what my challenges were. Highlighted by the statements made from various participant on this post. I recognised that we become accustomed to a certain style.

Since he uses a rather unique style, I cannot hear some of the words he is saying, because they are not what I am accustomed to. I decided to release, NOPS. The comments on this post actually amused me and reminded me of the necessity of noticing experiences outside our comfort zones to expand our creative thinking.

What I don't understand is what was in my last post to challenge you to re-iterate what you had already stated?

You invite me to be "spoiled" by LSC style of presentation. Are you saying you are "spoiled"(note your bold text) and anchored you to a certain quality of presentation and I should be too?

You had also posted...
Quote,

"He was a total turn-off for me...i.e., his voice was a turn-off."(highlighted in bold?)

Not everyone likes Mozart either... its a personal call based on ones personal experiences and expectation.

I had merely mentioned my learning experience. The discussions on this post about Wins voice caused me to review my experience and notice my blocks. I.E to notice that Win's style was different, because everyone seemed to be saying something along that line. From there I realised that I needed to adapt my skills. I offered my insights on this post for consideration.

If I misunderstood your post then I am glad for it. What you have chosen to call technical problems I have chosen to call different and in doing so reviewed my expectation and recognised the limitations that I may be placing upon myself by expecting thing to be handed to me in a certain way. I decided that it is perhaps not 'they' but 'I' who needed to adapt.

It's when something is different we tend to sit up and take notice. Otherwise we are lulled into complacency, holding onto our security blanket of sameness.

My post was only to offer a different perspective not a finite conclusion and mine, like yours, is a personal opinion. I am greatful for your honest opinion and the subsequent discussion that arose from it. It got me thinking and added toward my internal resources.

Respectfully,
Alex