Hello, fellow Hokie.

I originally shared some of your skepticism as well. I learned Photoreading through the self-study course. I am still a novice, but I am convinced that Photoreading works.

In my opinion, the some of the ads for Photoreading are a bit exaggerated, but then all advertising is, right? I also think it fails to explain how Photoreading works. Then again, you have to focus the ads on what people understand. Let me see if I can explain....

Have you heard of the book "Drawing on the Right-Side of the Brain"? When I explain to someone else about Photoreading, I say it's kind of like "Reading with the Right-Side of the Brain". With Photoreading, you're not reading in a logical manner (i.e. linear, word-after-word) trying to understand as you go. In a way, when you Photoread, you are telling your brain, "Hey Brain, I am going to flip through this book and I want you to bookmark the sections that are relevant to me."

Let me illustrate with another example. I have this thick 2000 page technical book. I know it is filled with tidbits of useful information. I Photoread the book and then I read normally, except I trust my instincts to tell me which pages, paragraphs, etc. are important to me. In this book, the author tends to make jokes or tell stories. My instincts tell me which part are unimportant and I therefore read faster. I was able to through a forth of the book (500 pages) in three hours. I know this would have taken me week maybe more to do this. You speed will depend on how familiar you are with the topic.

My belief is that a person's results with Photoreading will depend on how honed your instincts are. As with any skill, Photoreading requires practice. At first, you might stumble a lot and get frustrated, but if you keep at it you will gradually get a bit better.

If you are still skeptical, I suggest the following. Purchase the Photoreading book. You can do it here or on Amazon.com. Read it and if you feel a bit more sure, go for the course or the live seminar.

If you have anymore questions, please ask.

Scott