Have you read the message I posted in response to your inquiries? It is as follows:

Hey--interestingly, i had the exact same skepticism about the photoreading step: if it is actually necessary considering all the repetitive activations that must be done afterwards. I haven't done enough activating on any book so far, so I haven't experienced a book "gelling." But, this just occured to me: since photoreading whole mind system focuses on using the more powerful subconscious mind, CONSCIOUS comprehension would be greatly delayed while we go through all the steps of the system. That is, a full conscious comprehension probably should be expected to occur instantly once the subconscious works it all out after sufficient activation has been done. (Am I right, folks?) With that in mind, I have decided to just repeat my activations on several books admist utter confusion and very little comprehension with hope that it will all come together at once (gels). I'm just waiting for that to happen (I've spent 3.5 hours activating two highly technical textbooks for college). I feel that it would take several more sessions since it would take me about 36 hours regular reading only one of them with full comprehension.

And I got a reply from Dana Hanson concerning my post:

You're right on track!
As a beginning PhotoReader gets through and comprehends their material 3 times faster, a book which would take 36 hours with regular reading would take around 12 hours with PR. And that boils down to about (22) 30-minute activation sessions, or less.

Remember for technical books to treat each chapter as a "book" itself and activate it from whole-to-parts.