Lespaulswithemgsneedbatteries,

I don't use the blip or X anymore. I just look at the whole page as if it's a poster and notice the whole thing at once- corners and white space. Because I read what's on a screen alot and what's in a 3 ring binder alot too I had to adapt.

I think the blip and X are for those that want to occupy their mind so they don't focus on a word but I have no problem not focusing on anything.

About taking on many big books at once: I'm assuming you don't have to have them all read at once- that you will have to read 1-2 chapters at a time in each, right? In that case don't Photoread any whole book, just do the chapters you have to do the night before (1 chapter from this book, one from that one, etc) and activate them during the classes and if you have to study more- mind probe and mind map. It will take less time than regular reading.

By the way, regular reading is just the study reading speed of rapid reading. You aren't throwing anything away or replacing anything. I still read things VERY SLOW at times.