Hi Paul,
you speculated about a perpetual state of joy being possible. There might be an easier way than going through all of the trouble of modifying paraliminal tapes and listening to them over and over and over and...

Perhaps you might consider the Euphoria! course. I don't have it at this point but am planning getting it soon. My understanding is that this course provides the type of relaxation, joy, happiness, and love that you may be looking for. Check it out.

I have been folloeing this discussion since it started with much interest. There is an aquaintence of mine that only get 3-4 hrs of sleep a night since childhood. He also has some major health problems that noone has been able to help him with.

Having said that, a few years ago I came across a sleep study where an individual was lowered into a cave for three or four months with out any way of marking time. After a few days his sleep cycle adjusted to 4 hrs of sleep every 25 hrs. (about 3.5 hrs per day). The authors of the study speculated that we don't do this naturally because of training from childhood, habit and the cycles of the sun.

I tried to get my sleep down to the level of the individual cited earlier and failed miserably. Being as how I only need 6 to 6.5 hrs of sleep a day, I have found that my problem resides in wasting the time that I have. Something I am working on. Thats my $.02

Greg