Brian,

You can get it from Centerpointe (www.centerpointe.com) The program isn't listed on their site, you have to call them. Their number is 1800 954 2741.

Paul,

Shereshevsky didn't have a photographic memory per se. That term reffers to eidedic memory, or a perfect recall of the orriginal image - some some faint association.

I don't think the perception of such people comes from Luria's book, because it isn't read by the vast majority of the public. A more plausible explination would be from the movie Rain Man.

...would make a person lose the ability to distinguish between vivid imagery and physical reality.

Thats an interesting thought. I wonder just what it is that makes people with photographic memories a wee bit out of touch with reality. Saying which, I do know some people with that kind of memory who don't exhibit these traits - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

As a thought, it may just be because of the processing priorities in such people. To borrow the computer analagy, most people seem to have some kind of multi-processing going on. They both attempt to remember and process the information simultaneously, with mixed results.

At the other end of the extreme, you have peole with eidetic memories who only remember, and then you have those like Einstein who only processed. As an example, someone once asked einstein the speed of sound - something most school kids know today. He said he had no idea, and didn't bother memorizing information he can easily look up in an encyclopedia. He thought commiting such things to memory consumed precious brain cells, which should be jealeously preserved items of more import.

You could take this one step further - we know from photoreading that everything (at least if we wanted it to) enters the other -than - concious mind. Now, if we could find someway to access that information later, then maybe retroactively memorizing it, we could have both a perfect memory and devote more of our attention span to processing...

Sorry everyone... Excuse my rambling