WOW.

How does one reply to such a message...

You must be a doctor?

uh...
RIGHT,

I'm just a dabbler, a generalist who is looking for some clear-cut practical techniques to aid in living a successful life. What little I know is taken mostly from websites, personal experimentation, and books on western and eastern philosophy, self-improvement, consciousness, health, and accelerated learning.

You don't really find the sort of detail you provided in books produced for mass-consumption.

In fact, I feel silly responding to your message, as I have only a functional knowledge on the topic.

If the blood cells were to clump together (as the theory states), the blood cells would not be able to pass through the capillaries

I don't see why you assume that blood flow in the lungs would stop because RBC’s clump together. The theory simply says that they ‘clump together and therefore move *more slowly*’. If they must 'go one by one' through the capillaries, then you can see how this would cause a slight backlog. I do know from reading the blurbs on many websites that magnetic therapy improves circulation by allowing blood vessels to relax and dilate, allowing a greater volume of blood to flow through.

The thicker the blood is, more difficult it is to push through the blood vessels resulting in increased blood pressure. The thickness of the blood in a healthy individual is mostly determined by your fluid intake.

Absolutely, that is the prime reason why Dr. Young recommends drinking a minimum of one gallon of water each day. That is, ‘minimum’.

Body chemistry, physiology, and mechanics are extremely complicated and not fully understood by anyone at this point in time.

Look, all a body really needs to know about alkalization is drink lots of water, eat plenty of green vegetables, and avoid acid addictions like dairy, sugar, meat, caffeine, and yeast! You don’t need to know anything about biochemistry for this. I’ve never heard anywhere by anyone that eating vegetables in the extreme is a bad thing. I regularly get over 20 servings of vegetables each day. I’m a staunch vegan. In fact, if more people would do the above, I think that would be a doctor’s dream... (or nightmare). I’m telling you, I have not gotten sick in nearly 16 months and I don’t think that I ever will again. Also, my sleep needs decreased naturally by 1.5 hours after a time, and I simply do not experience fatigue during the day. I realize that the claims I just made appear beyond belief, but that is my reality.

Though I respect your obviously superior knowledge, and though this area has not been studied to anyone’s satisfaction, I’m not about to discount these results and go back to a traditional FDA recommended food pyramid. I prefer to trust my own intuition and witnessed results when determing what is proper for my body.

For those of you out there who are interested in exploring this further, check out:
Sick and Tired? : Reclaim Your Inner Terrain by Dr. Robert Young
It is both outrageous and accessible. And, in all likelihood, will change your life forever.

Peace