I am not speaking of Margaret, or any others directly:

It is my own personal experience to have observed many book smart people who lack in other areas, over the past few years I've worked with my colleagues. However, due to the fact that those who correlate with my statements are not very proficient in the structure of the English language - they will soon come to suffer, indirectly.

It is NECESSARY to have good communication/oral skills, to succeed in the business world.

As far as mishaps *online,* that's a completely different matter. It's either a case of bad typing skills, or just choosing to relax - considering they believe there is NO DIRECT IMPACT (it's not face-to-face) of their statements.

Now, I for one - will tend to get confused if I start replacing "u" for "you."

Therefore, I like to maintain a style of professionalism in all aspects of the language - clear and precise.

Hm, it may be deceit - but most people will figure me extremely older than I may seem, due to such approaches. For example, one fellow I had known online for approximately 2-3 years never followed up on my age - he mistook me as some laid-back 40 year-old, instead of 16. It was hilarious, but we got things cleared up.

A/S/L is quite annoying on a first-statement basis. Yet, I think when the conversation transcends into a much deeper form - it's fine.

Anyhow, sorry for the ramblings, but at least I got some of my time occupied.