My my, if it isn't God's great gift to mankind that you have so gracefully extended your welcome onto this board.

You claim you've never met anyone with as much intellectual potential as you, but that you have not joined societies such Mensa because you feel they have esteem issues. If an esteem issue is dominant in those societies, let me assure you that you are well-suited.

To say that no one is as smart as "ye who bears so eloquent a name as William James" sounds to me like someone who is ego-centered and immature. I don't care if you write with the genius of Alexander Pope or John Donne, you still have a lot of growing up to do.

Medical books are written in English, and usually with correct grammar. Yet, I've seen doctors who speak poor English. Math books have, to some extent, English in them, and those that do have correct grammar as well. Yet I've seen many Engineers, Scientists, and Mathematicians who are educated in the United States and Canada (I refer to predominantly English-speaking provinces) that cannot speak English very well.

Speaking English is a skill, and as such takes practice to perform well. Being a proficient photoreader does not mean that photoreading novels will change your speech.

You are trying to find flaws in a system I don't think you fully understand, and in your path to do so you have insulted someone.

So kudos to the a**hole with the high IQ. You have a nice big chip in your shoulder. I hope you realize someday that the reason you don't have friends that are smarter than you is because you probably don't make many friends.

Cinseerilly URS,
Ramon, IQ of 161, who just doesn't like to hang around people like you because he's smart enough to know a jackass when he sees one.

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited September 28, 2001).]