Hi RobC

I'll answer your questions in reverse order.
Firstly, you are right in thinking that accelerated learning is "learning at a quicker pace" but the key if HOW. If accelerated learning meant just doing the same things you are doing now in order to learn, only faster, then we would all be doing it already.

I remember reading or hearing, maybe in the course I listened to, that the approach used in most classrooms only appeals to 20% of the pupils, leaving the other 80% believeing that they are incapable of learning or getting on in education. This is not the case. Accelerated learning encourages you to work with more of your intelligences and approach subject in a different way that might be mre appealing to your dominant intelligence. It also involves using both sides of the brain together as much as possible, melding the logical with the creative. In this way you become more effective as a learner ergo you learn faster. Relaxation into alpha state - like the acelerated learning state accessed in the "Photoreding" process, or slow, baroque classical music plays a part in acelerated learning as does use of colour, hands-on experience etc. Accelerated learning is of particular interest to me because I am a teacher.

Accelerated learning is a holistic process that also works to improve your own self image and belief in your capabilities.

The course I listened to gives a really good idea of the processes and theory behind accelerated learning. I think the approach is a sensible one that does not make wild claims about what can be achieved. The course aslo comes with a booklet by a British guy called Colin Rose who has been involved in accelerated learning for years. If you want some ideas, you might like to start wih one of his books, although I have to say that I haven't read them, as I had the audio course.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing or reading somewhere, I think it was on the introductory video to "Photoreading" that LSC use his book "Accelerated Learning" from time to time. Maybe someone there could give you an opinion about it.

Hope this helped a little.