I did something recently and I can't believe the results of it. My experiment was completed yesterday-thanksgiving.

I wanted to test the Direct Learning Technique (as outlined on page 137 of the PR book) but I really couldn't think of anything I wanted to "learn" other than to not pig out and gain weight every holiday season like I always do. It seems like every single year I gain 10 "holiday" pounds and have to lose it as my new years resolution. I don't feel like doing that this year so I figured I'd try something.

A couple days ago I dug out my old diet books (that I usually follow but not during the holidays) and I sat down and Photoread all of them back to back. All of them dealt with the low carb or cyclical carb diets: Atkins, Protein Power, Anabolic Diet, Natural Hormonal Enhancement and The Warrior Diet. They're the only diets I could even follow for any length of time or that even worked for me. My problem was I would always go off of them during the holidays.

Step one is know what new behavior you desire. I wanted to WANT to eat healthy this holiday season. I wanted to WANT the meat and vegetables and not want the cookies, pie and things like that. So my purpose was to create new desires and destroy old ones. I also wanted to feel satisfied and not deprived.

Step 2 is to PR the books so I did that. I also did that very last exercise from the PR course tapes where you visualize a future vision. I've done it before but not with dieting as my goal. I was going to use my Perfect Weight Paraliminal yesterday too but I forgot.

Anyway, dinner time arrived and I sit down and I had the weirdest feeling. I didn't eat anything all day (usually don't- war diet) and I should have been hungry but wasn't. I ate one plate of food and had to force myself to eat a second. I have NEVER eaten that little in my life and it's usually the time where I don't care and really load up. It was totally weird. Last year I ate and drank all day long and hung around for leftovers too. Heck, my wife ate more than me and she's never done that before.

I just think this was kinda interesting.

Every year where I work everyone that wants to lose weight participates in a diet contest Jan 1st and pays $5 and whoever loses the most weight wins it all so I'm thinking about doing this again. Last year I came in second to a guy that did the Atkins diet, I was doing Natural Hormonal Enhancement. I beat him in bodyfat% lost and he beat me in weight so technically I was better off because I didn't lose muscle. I'll do this whole process again plus combine NHE with the War diet and see how I do.