Try this exercise:

Get a piece of paper, a large piece preferably, turn it sideways.

Draw a circle or any symbol for the word: happiness in the center.

Then start drawing branches off of it as ideas come to mind. Say you draw a line & have food printed on it. Then off of that line you may have steak! Just brain storm for happiness as it means to you.

Then do another exercise w/ yourself in the center. Main branches may be family, friends, work, goals, hobbies, etc.

By doing these exercises, you will get a feel for MMing. W/o having a feel for it, it will be confusing & difficult to learn. One of the best ways to get moving on a MM for anything is to ask yourself questions. What makes me happy? Who makes me happy? When am i happy? What can i add to my life to make me happy? What can i subtract from my life to make me happy? Where can i find personal happiness?

Same goes for studies. Use your trigger words or your interest to ask questions. Major ideas are major branches w/ solid words. The branches off of the major branches just come naturally as you think<<< MMing makes us think about the material & our relationship to it. For anyone who just memorizes everything, MMing will be very confusing. MMing brings us to the level of thinking about the subject & what you want to know about it. By following your interest, you get more quickly into the big picture of it & in this way you get a handle on it quickly.

good luck---seeing forever

quote:
Originally posted by glasseagle:
I do not understand about mind mapping is it just like sub headings and trigger words or does your subconcious mind just tell you i just dont understand some one help me.