I think he meant alpha waves.

I think the answer is probably in the alpha waves.

Soft focus is good because it's good for maintaining alpha waves. Alpha waves are good because it's when your conscious and subconscious mind are better connected.

I just tried it now to be sure...hard focus took me clean out of alpha state. I could get away with a "soft" but not divergent gaze, and was still able to maintain it. But not in hard focus.

Anyway, I don't think we should worry about "how it works" is what I was trying to say before. I mean, they could've fine tuned the whole photoreading program around trial and error, in which case you might not know HOW it works, but know that it DOES work.

Like, let's say a group of Native Americans fall upon a large grove of some plant. Then they notice that whenever they smoke it, they get really messed up and start seeing the gods (more often than not this includes Jerry Garcia). They don't know how it happens, they just know they get hungry and really mellow afterwards. But the plant still works. Sure, later on scientists will smoke it also, and try to figure out how it works, (the cold war is over, we might as well move on to better things, right?), but in the long run, it still just works, and it can still be found in the sock drawers of generations upon generations after the original English settlers.

In sum:
1) Soft focus because it keeps you in alpha.
2) Alpha because it connects the subconscious and conscious.
3) Don't worry how, just know it does.
4) Native Americans worshipped Jerry Garcia.

Hoped this has helped in some way. If yes, cool, if not, s'okay, Jerry and I will talk about you behind your back

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("I was gonna clean my room, but then I got...")

PS - If you really wanna test photofocus, try the system without it...seriously, it's your best bet, rather than trying to get LSC to post test results or research on this board.
PPS - Theerapun, what does your name mean? I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out...is it "The ERA pun"?

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited December 05, 2001).]