I got the Memory Optimizer course and I'm not sure if I'm going to use it. I think it's cool and I think it's information that is not available in any other book or course, and I should know because I've read 'em all.

My problem is this: I know I have a partially photographic memory and a very strong auditory memory. The problem is I can't control it at all and I mean NEVER. If I close my eyes and think about something I want to know, I'll see it or hear it, IF I CARE ABOUT IT.

Here's an example: Someone told me on another internet forum that the Russian Military Pullup standard was 18 full range, full extend pullups with a Flack jacket on which was probably 40 lbs or so. I close my eyes and I can actually see the web page that I read that off of. WHY do I remember that and I can't remember my wife's birthday? I mean, I can remember my wife's B-day if I sit and wait for the info long enough but it's as if my head says "Who cares, I'm not getting that info now, however I'm gonna run that scene from HotShots again... "God I love soup, or is it Duck, which one do you shoot?" "Duck Sir..." [He ducks, and hits his head] "Are you OK, Sir?" "Of course I am, Why? What have you heard?"... "I said what is my wife's birthday?!?!" "Later, Here's some Dennis Leary...." "You know what I'm gonna do...."
On and on it goes. I can't do anything about it.

In school I would take tests and just sit and listen to the teachers tell me what they said in class before and I'd just write it down. But if I missed a class and tool someone's notes and repeated that stuff to myself I would be lost.

Dana, Paul, Pete, do you know of any book that covers developing a memory that's already good but just untameable? Thank you.