Sorry, I guess I came across differently than I would have liked. What I meant to say was that alchol kills brain cells. What I meant to say was that more money is spent on alchol in the United States than on the Defense Budget. What I meant to say was that car accidents are the number one killer in America, and the vast majority of those involve alchol. What I meant to say was that if one has control over one's mind, then all the benefits of alchol, and yes, there are many, can be had just as easily without destroying lives.

I, unforunatly, am not in the position to have the level of control over my mind and my life to get those same benefits that alchol offers without such a catalyst. So I can not understand why someone would go out of their way, spend hard earned money, and literally hurt themselves to receive both the positive and negative results, when they have in their power the ability to achieve only the positive affects. It just does not make sense to me.

I can not help but reiterate the point that I am not one of these self-mastered individuals, and that in my mind drinking does serve a positive purpose, but it does result, on a whole, to a more chaotic society.

If you really like the taste that much, buy alchol-free beer. Personally, I can't stand the stuff.

And yes, Brian, I do have an alternate perspective of drinking than do most of my countrymen because of my over-seas experience. And what I have seen speaks very little for the way Americans treat themselves.

Alchol is a depressant, so chemically it reduces your energies, and allows you to forget about your troubles. I don't think forgetting about your troubles are going to make them go away, and less energy takes away from your ability to change your life for the better.

I know I'm going to step on some toes saying what I am saying, but this culture just has this escapism complex, be it alchol, or television, or work, we just need to stop putting off our lives and actually live them.

Hell, if a sip of beer makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and do it. If you know where to draw the line, then I applaud you.

Here's a couple of questions for you: if we are all looking to improve our lives, especially through learning, is alchol the best way to achieve that? If not, then does it hinder us?

I know I'm not being too PC here, so if you're offended, I appoligize. I mean no disrespect to any of you, especially Pete.