Wow, I got INSTANT success with the dictionary game, but it was a bit jumbled. I thought of two and a half words, and they were reverses of themselves. I thought of the word "Gorilla," and it popped up right where my right thumb should have been, and also on the very top corner of the right page. As I listened to the tape, the word decided to move to the place where my left thumb was, about half way down. Turns out it was directly between my thumb and index finger on the left.

Ok, the weird part is the word "Fox" forced its way into my mind directly after my conscious mind choose "Gorilla." I didn't know if I was thinking of the word "Fox" by itself (my last name), or the word "Foxtrot" (the military phonetics for "F"). Strangely enough, Fox was exactly where I thought Gorilla should be, and Foxtrot was -exactly- in the upper right hand corner... it was one of the words used to figure out what things were.

In summation, I thought of three words and three positions, I was off on the one my conscious mind choose, but the position matched the words my other-than-conscious mind latched onto.

I noticed that I choose words with pictures, although I did not see any pictures with anything like "hard focus" except for a giraffe. My eyes defocus quite easily (same glasses since 1996), but giraffes are hard not to notice, because they look so strange.

If anything, this proves to me I have the ability to remember things not actively focused on, and that is the foundation of photoreading. I look forward to more tangible successes.

{ps}, I tried it with a word I knew didn't have a picture, Grenade. I got the correct page (right), the correct hemesphere (top), but the wrong column and I was about three definitions two low as to where I thought it was, but for the first day I think that's pretty convincing proof of /potential/.

I'm going to keep at the dictionary to help improve my spelling. You can thank me in advance.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited January 31, 2002).]