OK, there is a natural tendancy to doubt what others say in this forum in favor of PhotoReading, due to Cognotive Dissonance. The course costs a little over $250, if I remember right, and for that kind of money it had BETTER work. The success stories may just be people's ways of assuring themselves that they haven't wasted all their money.

Let me tell you why I am willing to risk that kind of money on PhotoReading. This September, I had an experience with a book. I was able to see the whole page all at once, read every word on it in a second, and understand it. I took the bits and peices that I'd "eaten" in bites of 7 plus or minus 2 and suddenly saw the BIG PICTURE of the book. I was too shocked to stay with it and read the whole book, just a few pages and my excitement mounted as I realized I could have understanding at that level.

Author and philosopher Robert Anton Wilson calls the above state "Neuroelectric awareness," which in his schema is the "Sixth Circuit" of awareness. Most people only activate the first four terrestial circuits. My experience with the Sixth was extrememly fleeting, but it let me know that there was a way of understanding a book as a whole, rather than as parts, and understanding it BETTER than someone who reads it like a computer looking through a sequential access file. I don't think that PhotoReading can put me back in that state, but what it can do is allow the preconcious processor to actually see the book.

Another book I would recommend, just for a foot note, is "The Emperor's New Mind." No, it's not a self-help book, but rather a criticism of the idea of AI. One of the sections mentions the actual structure of the brain, and shows an interesting phenominon known as "blindsight." This happened to a person who had brain damage in the primary visual cortex, creating a small blind spot. When an object was placed into this blind spot, he could not SEE it. However, if someone asked him to guess what the object was, he could guess with a high degree of accuracy. Something other than his conscious mind was able to understand the visual information that his concious mind could not. With training, he was able to improve his accuracy to 100%, if I remember correctly.

There is a similer story in the book "Natural Brilliance," (which is a self-help book), dealing with a PhotoReader with stroke-induced alexia. He couldn't read anything, but he could still PhotoRead. After a few months, he was able to re-wire his brain to actually do normal reading again. His visual cortex was still just as damaged, but he bypassed it by strengthening what was already there.

Hope this encourages you to keep on chugging.